Kimi Räikkönen & Sebastian Vettel

Kimi Räikkönen & Sebastian Vettel

maanantai 26. marraskuuta 2012

Brazilian GP: Sebastian became the triple world champion after a chaotic race!

I have huge difficulties in trying to describe the 2012 Brazilian GP. I feel like I´m only having a very blurry vision of all the things that happened today at Interlagos. So therefore I don´t even try to tell about the very last race of the season detail by detail but I´m simply sharing my feelings about everything that happened today... And I can tell it was more than incredible, more than amazing, more than any words could ever explain!

I was a nervous wreck before the start! What was unbelievable, I had physical symptoms because of all the excitement as I was having stomach ache right before the start! I knew the fight for the championship was wide open and it certainly didin´t make me feel any better to see all the grey clouds looming over the Brasilian sky... I was very worried about the outcome of the race, no denying that!

The start turned out to be a catastrophy! My heart jumped into my mouth when I saw Sebastian colliding with Williams´s Senna. Sebastian in his RB8 got turned around and there was some obvious damage in his car. Sebastian was left at the back due to the incident but he fought his way back to the top ten. After the start I was sooo worried that Sebastian´s race was over after the crash! There seemed to be clear damage on the exhaust system of his RB8 but still he kept the battle for the championship alive..

Hamilton was able to maintain his lead. Button followed his team-mate 2nd and Alonso had been able to make his way through 3rd. After a catastophic qualifying Grosjean faced quite a disasterous race: he went off track on lap 6 and was out of the race! There had been some slight rain coming since the start of the race and many of the top drivers decided to pit to put the intermediate tyres on. Button and Hulkenberg on the other hand decided to stay out on the option tyres. On lap 19 Hulkenberg in his Force India challenged Button and made a move on the Briton. The German took the lead in mixed conditions!

Hulkenberg and Button had over a 40-second lead over Alonso in P3 when safety car was deployed on lap 23 due to lots of debris on the track. No wonder we heard Alonso whining about the matter on his team radio! The Spaniard really benefitted from the safety car episode which made all the gaps disappear. On lap 54 we saw the funniest episode of the race when Kimi went wide and kind of got lost off track when he tried to find a short-cut back to the track but the gate was closed! The Finn had to make a U-turn to get back to the track. Once again it was entertaining Formula 1 action by the Iceman! Some laps earlier Kimi entertained us by fighting with Michael Schumacher and finally overtaking the German who was driving his farewell GP of his impressive career!

On lap 48 Hulkenberg spun and lost his lead to Hamilton. On lap 56 the German tried to take his position back from Hamilton but they ended up crashing into each other and Hamilton´s race was over! Hulkenberg was handed a drive-through penalty for causing the collision which looked more like a pure racing incident. Sebastian faced more difficulties. His radio wasn´t working and after pitting for a set of option tyres he drove to the pits only a few laps later to get the intermediates on. But still his hopes for the championship looked good as Alonso was in P3 and Sebastian in P7...

Button finally won the race and Alonso was 2nd and his team-mate Massa 3rd. Webber finished 4th and Hulkenberg 5th. Sebastian Vettel finished 6th and clinched the third consecutive world title by only 3 points over Alonso! I have to admit that I have only a blurry image of the things happened in the race... I was so worried about Vettel´s position that from time to time I had to ask my husband who was leading the race! It all seems so unbelievable that Sebastian really has won his third title! I have to pinch myself to convince myself that I´m not dreaming but this is actually happening...!

It´s extremely difficult to find any words to describe my feelings at the moment! It´s utterly unbelievable to think that Formula 1 racing can cause as strong emotions as this! I can assure you that I don´t tend to drink champagne on Sunday evenings but by this time I´ve drunk half a bottle! ;) This is such a unique moment, a moment that I´ve been dreaming of for a long time... I was soooo worried that Sebastian´s RB8 wasn´t going to last till the chequered flag and even Adrian Newey stated after the race that he feared Sebastian´s car could have caught fire due to the damage on the exhaust system!

I love happy endings! I´m so totally overwhelmed with all the emotions that I have no idea how I´m going to get any sleep tonight! I just want to enjoy the moment: life doesn´t get any better than this! I´m so so happy for Sebastian, his achievement isn´t easily described with any words! I feel totally out of words. My dream has just come true! At the same time I can´t believe the season 2012 is actually over! My colleagues at work are kind of worried I won´t be able to concentrate on working tomorrow ;) They might have a point though. This unforgettable moment makes my thoughts wander...

Wow, what a feeling! There´s not much more I can say! Congratulations for Sebastian Vettel from the bottom of my heart!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti