Kimi Räikkönen & Sebastian Vettel

Kimi Räikkönen & Sebastian Vettel

sunnuntai 14. lokakuuta 2012

Korean GP: Victory Oppa Vettel Style!

This has been such an emotional day for me! It´s difficult to find words to describe my feelings! The perfect day started in the morning when I woke up and sat down on the coach to watch the Korean GP. The lights went out and what a staggering start Vettel got! In a blink of an eye he was side by side with his team-mate Webber and was able to overtake him! Once again there was a collision at the start -this time fortunately not caused by Romain Grosjean! Thank God, it would have meant another race ban for the Lotus driver! This time it was Sauber´s Kobayashi who crashed to Button´s McLaren and Rosberg´s Mercedes and both of them were out of the race! Kobayashi was handed a drive through penalty for causing the collision. The Red Bull drivers were leading the race and the Ferrari duo (Alonso first) came right behind them.

"Vettel wise" the first 15 laps looked absolutely promising. The race was going in exactly the right direction, just like I wanted it to be... Just after the first pit stops I had to leave home and go to the zumba marathon event that I had promised to attend. To be honest, I have to say the word nervous wreck doesn´t describe the feelings I had in the car on my way to the event...! Nevertheless, I had absolutely great fun at the zumba event. I guess dancing to Gangnam Style helped me relax a little, hahaha ;)

All in all I missed only 7 laps of the race. When I came home there was a rerun of the GP on TV and the drivers were on lap 22. I was too impatient to even have a shower first, the first thing that I wanted to do was to see what happened at the Yeongam circuit! When I left home in the morning I crossed my fingers and hoped that I could rely on Vettel leading the race from start to finish. And the awesomely talented German didn´t let me down! He was still leading the race when I came home!

Kimi´s driving was also really enjoyable to watch. He had been fighting with Hamilton already on the opening lap but on lap 24 these two battled wheel-to-wheel again. Kimi managed to get past Hamilton on the DRS zone but Hamilton took his position back almost immediately. That was pure motor racing at its best: both drivers fought for a position but they respected each other and there was no collisions! The Iceman got past the Briton when Hamilton had to pit for the third time (the majority of the drivers had only two stops).

Kimi wasn´t the only driver who made the race an entertaining one. On lap 40 Grosjean was trying to overtake Hamilton but all of a sudden Hulkenberg in his Force India got an advantage of the situation and the German was able to overtake both Grosjean and Hamilton! That was a truly awesome overtaking move indeed!

Tyres played a significant role today. At the end of the race there were several team radio messages given to Vettel to look after his right-front tyre especially. The messages sounded really alarming. My heart was pounding and I was soooo afraid that Vettel´s right-front tyre would die and he would lose the victory! But obviously the situation wasn´t as bad as it sounded. The team just wanted to prevent Vettel from setting the fastest lap time on the closing laps like he did in Japan! The tactics worked this time: no fastest lap time at the end for Vettel!

My hero Vettel won the race and Webber finishing 2nd made it a 1-2 for Red Bull Racing. Alonso finished 3rd and his team-mate Massa 4th. Kimi drove to the chequered flag in P5 which was the absolute maximum achievement for the Finn today. Hulkenberg came 6th and Kimi´s team-mate Grosjean finished 8th after a clean race.

I got the birthday present that I hoped for: victory for Sebastian at Korea! What a perfect birthday present! I couldn´t have hoped for anything more! Sebastian has made my birthday just perfect! Victory Oppa Vettel Style! Sebastian has now taken three consecutive victories and he´s hungry for more. Victory at Korea means that the Red Bull ace is now leading the championship with a 6-point gap to Alonso and Kimi stays 3rd in the standings but is now 48 points behind.

What a day! Sebastian Vettel, you´re the best! This is a birthday that I´ll remember for a long long time!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti