Kimi Räikkönen & Sebastian Vettel

Kimi Räikkönen & Sebastian Vettel

sunnuntai 28. lokakuuta 2012

Indian GP: 4th consecutive win for Seb despite the dramatic sparks!

The red lights went out and the Indian GP got underway! Luckily Vettel took a dream start and held the lead right from the beginning. Alonso starting from P5 had an intense battle with the two McLaren drivers. Alonso managed to get past both of them on the straight but he lost positions back at the next corner. A little later Alonso managed to overtake Hamilton and on lap 4 the Ferrari driver got past Button with the help of DRS and the Spaniard was 3rd in the race. Vettel´s pace was incredible and he was slowly but surely pulling away from his team-mate...

Kimi was able to maintain his position at the start. He was battling with Massa almost throughout the entire race. The closest battle occured on lap 29 when Kimi rejoined the race after his pit stop. He managed to overtake Massa but the Brazilian took his position back immediately when they came into the DRS zone. Kimi had an utterly frustrating race. He was less than a second behind Massa almost all the time but due to the low straight line speed he had no real possibilities to get past!

All the top teams had a one-stop strategy. After the pit stops it seemed that it was going to be another 1-2 for Red Bull. But at the end of the race Webber had a KERS failure and Alonso was able to catch him up very rapidly. Overtaking Webber in the DRS zone was hardly any real challenge for the Spaniard as he claimed the 2nd place. Also Hamilton in P4 seemed to be closing the gap to Webber...

There were some dramatic moments at the end of the race as well! When there were still 12 laps to go, there were sparks coming from the floor of Vettel´s RB8 when the German was driving on the straight. My heart jumped into my mouth and I was soooo afraid that the floor of his car would be damaged and he wouldn´t be able to finish the race! Luckily there were no more sparks and Sebastian cruised to his 4th consecutive victory this season! I´m just keeping my fingers crossed that there won´t be any protest made by Ferrari for example saying that the floor of Vettel´s RB8 would be illegal or something... That wouldn´t surprise me at all though if there was going to be a protest like that ;) Alonso finished 2nd and in spite of the KERS issue Webber was able to maintain his 3rd place. Hamilton finished 4th and his team-mate Button 5th. Unfortunately Kimi was unable to overtake Massa and the Iceman drove to the chequered flag in P7.

This was absolutely a dream result for Sebastian! He now extended his championship lead to 13 points. With three more rounds to go there´re still 75 points to be bagged. Red Bull seem to have found the perfect speed at the end of the season and I hope they will be flying in Abu Dhabi next week! I know it would be against the odds to assume that Seb will win all the three remaining races. But today´s achievement was so utterly amazing, I really want to enjoy this glorious moment for a while! :) I know that the championship battle is wide open and either one of the drivers can win the title but I love the momentum. This is a bit like waiting for Christmas Eve to come: the time of waiting is usually more enjoyable than the actual moment or the day itself. I love all these emotions that Seb´s victories make me go through! Oh gosh, that man is utterly unbelievable at the wheel of his car...! Once again I´m totally speechless!

I can´t wait to see what will happen in Abu Dhabi next week! And once again I have to say how much I love writing this blog. There´s one significant reason in common why I love both writing this blog and attending zumba classes (though Formula 1 and dancing are completely different worlds...). It´s because doing either one of them I can simply get carried away with all the emotions and feelings that they make me feel and forget about what other people might think of me! So at the very moment it´s just me and my emotions and I´m happy that I can share these thoughts with those of you who want to read them! :D

2 kommenttia:

  1. Moikka,

    Onko sinulla sähköpostiosoitetta josta sinut tavoittaisi?

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Sähköposti tulee perille osoitteella f1wrcrally@gmail.com. :)

      Poista