Kimi Räikkönen & Sebastian Vettel

Kimi Räikkönen & Sebastian Vettel

sunnuntai 23. syyskuuta 2012

Singapore GP / Qualifying: Hamilton on pole -again!

I had a different qualifying Saturday this time. Usually I watch the qually at home and write my blog post right after that but yesterday I wasn´t at home. I spent my day at spa (not at Spa Francorchamps unfortunately ;) ) and attended water bike and aquazumba classes which were a lot of fun. Then I drove to my parents´ house to watch the qually with my father. And after that I drove back to the hotel and enjoyed some more swimming and sitting in different kind of saunas and drinking some vanilla cognac as well ;) I spent the evening with my twin sister and I´d be lying if I said I didn´t mention names like Kimi Räikkönen and Sebastian Vettel during the evening... ;)

I had high hopes for the qualifying as Sebastian had topped all three free practice sessions. In Q1 it was surprising to see that Kobayashi in his Sauber didn´t make it into Q2. Sauber have had very promising race pace in recent races so I was kind of astonished to see the Japanese been knocked out of Q2!

Q2 instead held many surprises. No way I could expect in any case that Kimi wouldn´t make his way through in to the final section! Lotus seemed very competitive in Q1 and Grosjean was able to set a very decent lap time also in Q2. Kimi had problems with the tyres. Odd enough, the Iceman set faster lap times with the used tyres than with the fresh ones. So it was a disappointing 12th place for the Finn. Massa either couldn´t make it in to the Q3 but qualified 13th. Perez in the other Sauber was also out of top ten!

Most drivers had only one run in the final section. Hamilton went out when the Q3 got underway and actually the Briton´s first attempt was fast enough to make him the pole sitter! Maldonado in his Williams surprised most of us by making his way to the front row by qualifying 2nd! Very well done from the Venezuelan who seems to either astonish everybody with a staggering result or destroy somebody´s race... So it´s either very good or catastrophic result for him, there´s nothing in between ;) Sebastian managed to qualify 3rd, which was naturally a fantastic result! But after topping all of the practice sessions I knew he´d have every possibility to make it on pole at Singapore! But something happened to the German in the final section and he couldn´t get everything out of his car. Button qualified 4th  right ahead of Alonso. The Mercedes duo Schumacher and Rosberg didn´t set a lap time in Q3 so once again we saw some playing with the tyre tactics.

My plan was to get home on Sunday in time to watch the race on my home coach. I knew it was going to be a heck of a race...! I was sure that Sebastian´s blinking LED helmet was going to bring the German good luck for the race. And wow, what a helmet he was wearing! His helmet at Singapore last year was a mesmerising bling-bling one but this helmet with the blinking stars on top of it was more fascinating than I could ever imagine a helmet could be! I knew I wasn´t going to be disappointed on the race day. The German Red Bull driver was clearly hunting a victory! And I also knew that I hadn´t seen the whole potential of the flying Iceman in the qualifying. Kimi was definitely the man to put up a good show in the race!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti