Kimi Räikkönen & Sebastian Vettel

Kimi Räikkönen & Sebastian Vettel

keskiviikko 27. heinäkuuta 2011

Red Bull Show Run in Helsinki

Kimi Räikkönen driving on the streets of Helsinki.
The very first time I heard there was going to be an event where Kimi Räikkönen was going to drive his WRC car on the streets of Helsinki I knew I was definitely going to be there! It was something too awesome for words! I´ve been a passionate Kimi fan for many years and I actually got to see the man live last summer at Neste Oil Rally in Jyväskylä. But I just couldn´t wait to see him drive again...!
Sebastien Loeb driving a crosskart for the first time in his life!
What made the event sound at least as interesting as Kimi´s presence was the fact that the 7-time rally world champion Sebastien Loeb was going to drive in Helsinki aswell! I´ve always felt great respect for Loeb, he´s truly the best rally driver there is at the moment! I admire his humble and down-to-earth attitude. As far as a man with such success as Loeb has is concerned, an attitude like that cannot be taken for granted. What Kimi and Sebastien have in common is the absolute overwhelming talent in motorsports! No matter if Kimi is driving a Formula 1 car, a WRC car, a snow mobile or a NASCAR car he´s always unbelievably fast! Like Loeb, too... In Helsinki he was at the wheel of a crosskart for the very first time in his life and what thrilling driving he showed to the audience... Absolutely fantastic!!
Kimi & Sebastien waving for the fans.

It´s actually very difficult to describe my emotions during the exceptional event. On one hand I have to say a part of me was extremely sad seeing flags flown at half mast due to the terrible tradegy taken place in Norway. On the other hand the event was the absolute highlight of my summer which I had looked so much forward to... Personally I really want to say thank you to both Kimi Räikkönen and Sebastien Loeb for taking part in the event!! I completely understand that especially Kimi is no fan of media what so ever but I doubt he can ever understand how much he means to such a huge amount of fans...! For a fan like me it was really a dream come true to see him drive in front of my eyes :) Work for him but ultimate enjoyment and entertainment for me and all the other Kimi fans!!
Me getting an autograph from the 7-time rally champion!

What was more than I could ever have dreamt of was Sebastien Loeb showing up just opposite me giving an autograph to me...!! I have been asked how I felt at that specific moment... Impossible to describe with any English words that I know...! Sebastien Loeb is definitely a man whose autograph I have been dreaming of for a long time! My collection includes autographs from racing drivers like Mika Häkkinen, Michael Schumacher, Kimi Räikkönen and Sebastian Vettel... And now I have also Loeb´s autograph :) An event like the show run in Helsinki is utterly unique because it brings the drivers close to fans. At WRC rallies or Formula 1 races a normal person like myself doesn´t have any chance to get close to the drivers to be able to ask for an autograph so I´m totally speechless about my experience of standing opposite the 7-time rally world champion... I got such mixed emotions after that I had hard time following the German GP on TV in my hotel room a little later on!

I enjoyed every moment of the 2-hour event and had absolutely the time of my life...! Last but not least... Kimi burning some rubber ;) Thank you Kimi and Sebastien! You may not know but you´ve made thousands of people extremely happy... including me :)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti