Kimi Räikkönen & Sebastian Vettel

Kimi Räikkönen & Sebastian Vettel

maanantai 20. kesäkuuta 2011

About Acropolis Rally... and other stuff!

Being a passionate F1 and WRC fan I usually schedule my timetable for weekends so that I wouldn´t miss any F1 or WRC action! The previous weekend was kind of an exception to that: I missed all the rally action on Sunday because of a zumba event! At the end of May I had skipped a zumba marathon (an event including three hours of zumba by various instructors) due to the Monaco Grand Prix. And missing zumba that time was definitely worth it when I was able to see Sebi take his maiden win at Monaco! I guess I was the only woman who cancelled her participation in the event because of A FORMULA 1 RACE... ;) So this time I decided to choose zumba moves and read the rally news on the internet later though the power stage was showed live on Finnish TV...

But short comments on the Acropolis Rally anyway! I was sooo happy to see Kimi back in action at the wheel of his Citroen again! Luckily his pace was there despite the two-month break that he had from rallying. Very impressive driving again and no major mistakes! Finishing 7th is a great achievement indeed!

Jari-Matti Latvala must be the unluckiest driver in WRC! He has faced technical difficulties in far too many rallies! Hopefully he has had his share of those already and will fight for victories in the remaining races. And about the Citroen team-mates Ogier and Loeb... In my opinion their battle for the victory was kind of artificial because of the tactics that Ogier played... I´m so glad that there will be new regulations next season and hopefully there won´t be any need for anybody to drop time to get a more favourable road position! I mean you should fight for the victory by driving as fast as you can and not slowing down to drop time! So if I´m asked if Ogier deserved to win or not... A difficult call. In sporty point of view I would say he didn´t! Loeb was the one who pushed hard all the way despite he had to sweep the roads clear of the loose surface gravel! But because it´s not against any rules to play tactics... At least Ogier didn´t break any of those by what he did. But what is becoming more and more crystal clear race by race is that Ogier has become a serious contender to "the unvincible" Loeb and that surely makes the season very interesting indeed!

Though this is supposed to be a blog post on WRC I can´t help writing about Sebastian Vettel a few words! I mean the European GP is approaching so it´s going to be a hugely entertaining Formula 1 weekend again (and no zumba marathons!)... I have noticed that many of the F1 drivers update their profiles on Twitter and I recently noticed that also Sebi´s team-mate Mark Webber has an official Facebook page! I respect Mark a lot, he stands out of the crowd in a very positive way (for example for what he has said concerning the controversial Bahrain GP) and I enjoy reading his comments. But, to be honest, I have to admit I feel kind of sad reading Mark´s updates because I can´t help thinking one thing... Why doesn´t the German F1 ace Sebastian Vettel have an official Facebook page...?? I (and probably thousands of others) would be absolutely thrilled to read his comments! My sister joked on Facebook that I should start a Facebook group called "I want an official Facebook page for Sebastian Vettel"... ;) Well, maybe I should! Though knowing that my action wouldn´t have any influence on getting Sebi on Facebook, hahahaha :D

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti