Kimi Räikkönen & Sebastian Vettel

Kimi Räikkönen & Sebastian Vettel

lauantai 16. huhtikuuta 2011

Chinese GP: Qualifying

Three poles in a row for Sebastian Vettel this season! Is there anybody who can halt the German´s winning streak? If I´m asked there isn´t! Although there are many people saying that Vettel clinching the pole by 7-tenths of a second makes F1 racing boring I have to say I disagree! Of course I´m watching the F1 world through my "Red Bull glasses", I mean being a passionate Vettel fan may effect my opinion quite a bit, haha =) But it certainly seems there´re two different F1 series at the moment: one for Sebastian Vettel (how may records he can break, how he can challenge himself to make even better laptimes...) and one for all the other drivers! But I don´t complain, oh no! I´m enjoying every second of Seb´s victorious moments!

After Malaysian GP I was wondering what had happened to Vettel´s team-mate after last season. Now I can´t help wondering about it even a bit more! Of course it´s very unfortunate for Webber that it has repeatedly been his car hitting problems with the KERS system while Seb has had much less technical issues. Webber being unable to use KERS in qualifying wasn´t a good thing but the fact that the Australian couldn´t get through Q1 made his weekend disasterous indeed. The team decided to send him out on hard tyres instead of getting a run on the softs. What was the team thinking?? On the other hand Vettel managed to set a decent laptime on the hard tyres. This all makes me think... Is Mark Webber only the most unfortunate F1 driver of all times or is Vettel truly superior to his team-mate? Technical issues like lacking KERS certainly have an effect on your performance but do they explain the whole phenomenon? And how brilliant a driver is Vettel in addition to the fact that he has undoubtedly the most competitive car?

Both Toro Rossos managed to get through to Q3 which was unpredictable. It´s always nice to see new contenders among the top 10! Also Rosberg putting himself ahead of the Ferrari drivers was a bit surprising. But will the McLaren drivers have any chance to really challenge the German Red Bull ace or will Vettel disappear in the horizon soon after the start? If he´s got the KERS system at the start I´m sure he will. And Kinky Kylie has to be reliable!

Deep down in my heart I know there will be the day when Vettel´s superb winning streak will end, it´s inevitable. But I surely hope the day won´t be tomorrow...

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti