Kimi Räikkönen & Sebastian Vettel

Kimi Räikkönen & Sebastian Vettel

keskiviikko 2. maaliskuuta 2011

The magic of F1

I am impatiently waiting for the start of the F1 season 2011. There´re still over 20 days til the very first grand prix of the season... I´m feeling like a child waiting for the Christmas Eve with all the massive excitement. Following F1 has played in some years bigger and some years smaller role in my life but for the past 17 years I´ve been interested in the things happening around the F1 world. Because there´re still quite a while to go before the engines really start I decided to sit down and write down things which, I think, make me go so crazy about Formula One!

During these 17 years I´ve always had one driver at a time, who I´ve been rooting for from the bottom of my heart and in spite of my nationality it hasn´t always been a Finnish one. It´s quite interesting to start thinking, which are actually the causes why you become somebody´s fan... Being somebody´s fan is very essential for me when it comes to F1 racing. And being a fan means supporting the driver no matter how he is doing on the track, I mean through all the ups and downs! However, it doesn´t mean that you automatically accept all the things that your favourite driver does on the track... But making mistakes is what makes us all humans so it means standing by your idol in spite of his undesirable behaviour. The end justifies the means, that I definitely don´t agree with, not even on the Formula 1 track where almost anything is sometimes done in order to win the race... But it isn´t so simple after all! But after all that, what makes the F1 world so unique? How can these super fast cars that drive around the circuit about 50-70 laps a race make an ordinary mother-of -three-sons go crazy? I have to admit that I realized this funny perspective last November when I didn´t sleep for two nights after the certain German driver won the world championship title in the last race of the season...! Childish? Guilty as charged =) I am a person who experiences things with great intensity, no matter what is concerned. For me my family is the priority number one but after that there´s F1... I always look forward to the next race and knowing that the next weekend will be "the Formula 1 weekend" makes it even better. I think everybody needs something to look forward to in their daily lives.  

It´s also a well-known fact that people desire things what they can´t have... I´m sure the F1 world would lose at least a part of it´s glamorous image if I really was a part of it somehow, I mean worked for some team or something like that! In some bizarre way F1 represents happiness to me: I mean the drivers get to do the thing they enjoy the most. Not many people can actually say the same. And somebody being extraordinary skillful in what he does (like the reigning world champion), that makes me always respect the guy! And I have to say, honestly, that F1 brings happiness to my own life, too :D When I turn the TV on and watch how the starting lights go off I can forget about everything else, all the worries and stress and concentrate on enjoying the events on the racing track! If only the above-mentioned reigning world champion knew how happy he makes me just by driving his phenomenal car extremely fast...........Really can´t wait for the Australian GP!!

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti